On Wednesday, the Pakistan Army violated the ceasefire agreement between the two nations by intruding into Jammu and Kashmir’s Poonch district.
The Nangi Tekri Battalion, operating under the Krishna Ghati Brigade, retaliated decisively to the unprovoked attack, an Indian Army spokesperson said.
Pakistan Army’s Intrusion Triggers Ceasefire Violation
“On 01 Apr 25, a mine blast occurred in Krishna Ghati Sector due to Pakistan Army intrusion across LC. The Pakistan Army initiated unprovoked firing and violated the ceasefire. Own troops responded effectively in a controlled and calibrated manner. The spokesperson said that authorities are closely monitoring the situation and keeping it under control.
“Indian Army reiterates the importance of upholding the tenets of DGsMO understanding of 2021 to maintain peace along the Line of Control,” the official added.
The ceasefire violation comes amidst ongoing operations in the Panjtirthi area of Kathua, where security forces had already intensified efforts following an exchange of fire with terrorists. The Indian Army, Jammu and Kashmir Police, and Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) launched a joint operation in the area after detecting suspicious movement on the night of March 31. This led to a fresh encounter in the early hours of April 1.
Also Read: Ghibli Art: Fun Trend Or Privacy Nightmare? Experts Warn Of Risks Involved
Security Forces Launch Search-and-Destroy Operation in Kathua
In response to the encounter, security forces launched a search-and-destroy operation at first light. Security forces have set up surveillance and ambushes in the region based on intelligence inputs as the operation continues. Authorities have maintained a heightened alert in the area, with the situation closely monitored.
The Rising Star Corps of the Indian Army confirmed the operations, stating, “Acting on intelligence inputs, the Indian Army, JK Police, and CRPF deployed multiple surveillance and ambush teams in the general area of Panjtirthi, Kathua. They observed suspicious movement on the night of March 31, which led to an exchange of fire.” Search and destroy operations launched at first light on April 1. Operations in progress.”
Also Read: Is Uploading Photos for a Studio Ghibli Makeover on ChatGPT Safe?